These single portion cakes are a dream come true for both coffee lovers and chocolate lovers. They make a great afternoon snack along with a soothing cup of coffee of course.
This recipe makes 12 chocolate espresso single portion cakes, ENJOY.
2 espresso shots of ROSSO’s Maestro or Ricco capsules – Link
1 cup buttermilk
250g granulated sugar
¾ cups vegetable oil
250g all propose flour
2 eggs (beaten)
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
50g unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. backing powder
170g semisweet chocolate (chopped)
120 bittersweet chocolate (chopped)
½ cup whipping cream
* Preheat the oven to 350F.
* Mix the buttermilk, sugar, Maestro or Ricco coffee blend, salt and eggs on a medium speed, until well blended. In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder.
* Gradually mix the dry and wet mixtures together until smooth, mix in the semisweet chopped chocolate.
* Fill about 12 backing cups (paper cups or rimmed baking pan) up to about 2/3 height, bake for 30 minutes, and let the cakes cool completely on a wire rack.
* For the topping, melt the bittersweet chocolate with the cream on the lowest heat possible, constantly string, until well blended and dissolved.
* Let the chocolate topping cool for about 20 minutes and coat each cake generously.
* Serve after cakes have chilled for about 30 minutes.